- 5 frozen chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 can reduced-fat and reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of Rotel. (We used original)
- 3 stalks of sliced celery
- 2 big handfuls of baby carrots sliced. (About 1 – 1.5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (I don’t really measure any of these seasonings. These are a total guess. I pour some in the palm of my hand and dump. You can’t really go wrong. Try it! I think that’s why God made our palms such a perfect place to measure things.)
THEN, 30 minutes before you want to eat, use a couple of forks to pull the chicken apart a little (not really shredded – just “chunked”). THEN ADD:
- 12 ounces of dry egg noodles
Stir this up and let it cook 20 – 30 minutes. Then add 3 handfuls of fiesta shredded cheese (or shredded cheddar) and let it melt. Stir it up and serve.
Mexican Cheesy Noodle Casserole, it’s just what the doctor ordered on Crockpot Tuesday!
[Tweet “Mexican Cheesy Noodle Casserole, it’s just what the doctor ordered on #RxCrockpotTuesday! #recipe #crockpot “]