I got this from a friend’s blog, who got it from a friend’s blog, who apparently got it from a friend’s blog! Are you interested in sharing? Copy this to your blog and then come back and post a comment when you have yours up!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever tried egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps one present and fills the stocking.
3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? White lights. Colored lights give me a headache. If I didn’t stare at them, it probably wouldn’t be an issue, huh?!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. I tried that one year and my little boys saw it as a great target for the yardstick.
5. When do you put up your decorations? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Pork tenderloin and potatoes
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I remember opening gifts with my cousins. I have a female cousin is only slightly older than I am. (As a kid I hated that she was 2 months older and now I’m happy she’s older.) Jill (the old cousin) and I would stealth away to a corner, behind the bar, or crammed between furniture and the wall, so we could open our gifts privately. Because we were the same age, we usually got the exact same gifts from our grandparents, so we would synchronize our unwrapping. Too funny!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I figured it out one year when my mom intentionally wrapped the Santa gifts in the same paper as the gifts under the tree. Apparently she decided it was “time.” I remember thinking I was too mature to run to my gifts that “Santa” left on the couch for me, as my brothers did. I thought I had to sit back and observe.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually one gift for each of the kids, but the adults don’t open anything. Probably cuz there’s less for us under the tree.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? My husband is Mr. Christmas himself. He puts on one of his MANY MANY Christmas CDs. Then he handles the lights while I do the rest of the house. When he’s done with that I decorate the rest of the tree. Each of the 3 kids have their own 5 foot tree in their bedrooms. Every year they get new ornaments from Gma/Gpa and Mom and Dad. They love that. When they were little they hung teething rings, etc. on their tree and they learned not to touch the big tree, while they tipped over their own.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! Love it! Can’t get enough of it!
12. Can you ice skate? No. I can barely stand up on my feet without a thin blade of metal for balance!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember getting a “stereo” (glorified record player with speakers) and a stand that my parents had made for me, when I was in Jr. High. The funny thing is that for a month they hid the stand under my dad’s desk in the basement. They just covered it with a blanket. That’s where I hung out to talk on the phone with friends and I rested my feet on the stand! I never had a clue.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my husband and children and preparing the kids throughout advent for the real meaning of Christmas.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Snowball cookies
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? See my last blog…wearing our pajamas to the drive-thru nativity! Oh, and caroling at one of Mayo’s affiliate hospitals on Christmas Eve.
17. What tops your tree? a beautiful angel made of hardanger. My mom made it several years ago and her hair is looking a bit pitiful, but we won’t change the topper. (That’s the angel’s hair, not my mom’s!)
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. Truly.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night…when we sing it at church with our lit candles on Christmas Eve.
20. Candy Canes? Only in hot drinks….coffee with holiday creamer and a candy cane or hotchocolate with whipped cream and a candy cane. Yum!