I don’t know if anyone is keeping track, but I have not been blogging in quite some time. I can blame it on our family vacation, a trip to Chicago for a family wedding, the start of the new homeschool year(with a kindergartener, second grader, and sixth grader). I might even try blaming it on the fact that I have officially kicked off the fall speaking schedule and been writing like a lunatic for the last month. But if no one is keeping tracking then surely you won’t care what my lame excuses are. Like everyone else, I have simply been busy. However, I’m back.
As the Tiede family strives to find our rhythm again this fall, I am setting a few goals. Yes, again. 🙂 Here they are…and for the record, I’m making them up as I go. Give me a break here, I said it’s been busy. Have you seen the smoke billowing from my windows? Yep, it’s from my dayplanner.
Okay. Here it goes…
1. Blog twice a week. Once for CFBA and once for me. (Please don’t flog me with a wet noodle when I blow it. Notice I said ‘when’, not ‘if’.)
2. Get healthier. I’m up and moving every morning with Leslie Sansone, my sister in sweat. She looks great on my big screen TV. I’ve also given up eating M & M’s while I write my books and am on a serious diet with 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Yes, it’s possible. I never would have thought so, but I’m doing it! I’m also chuggin’ 2 quarts of water a day. How that’s working out DEPENDS on who you ask. My kids will tell you I am missing a lot of school as I have to make a lot of trips to the loo.
3. Work with my friend Cyndy Salzmann to get my ministry organized. She’s the Queen of Clutter and I won an opportunity to have her come and help me get my ducks in a row. I can’t wait to get her scheduled. Check out her website!
4. Get four new talks written before Christmas. Gulp. Oh, my!
5. Enjoy my kids while they are still little. Okay, so Kadi is only two inches shorter than I am, but she still qualifies.
6. Thank my dear husband for being the BEST more often.
7. Give God the glory for whatever He chooses to do with my life.
It’s good to be back!